Chapter Programs On Golf Courses
The First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth ages 5 to 18 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, the First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Junior golf is just part of First Tee. Through our program that strengthens character, kids and teens will learn life skills, golf skills, and our core values that will stay with them into the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
Participants progress through levels by demonstrating inner strength, character, and the life and golf skills they have learned. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of the First Tee is completing Ace.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
- Target (ages 5 and older) —An introduction to the First Tee Life Skills Experience
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) - Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and the First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) - Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) - Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) - Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) - Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.